Saturday, December 06, 2008

At Victoria Concert Hall

 

Before the commencement of the concert....Jasmin, Anu and Avinesh
 

The grand staircase leading to the concert hall
 

Posing by the lovely Christmas tree
 

Outside of the Victoria Concert Hall - Avinesh, Anu and Jasmin

I decided to give my tenants a treat. As they have never been to a musical concert before, I decided to take them to the Braddell Heights Symphony Orchestra as my violin teacher, Mr. Yan Yin Wing, was conducting the orchestra. The soloist was Md. Rasull Bin Khelid. It was wonderful to hear his rendition of "Flute Concerto in D Major, Op. 283" by Reinecke. The audience was also greatly entertained by the fine performance of the Orchestra. We enjoyed Mr. Yan's orchestral composition of "Symphony No. 1 "Harmony". There are so many talented Singaporeans!

Music is an international language that everyone understands and it is such a joy to see my guests enjoying themselves. After the concert, we decided to walk around the lovely buildings around Victoria Concert Hall.

Although the Esplanade is modern and unique in architecture and design, I still prefer the quaintness of the Victoria Concert Hall. Somehow older buildings seem to have more character.

I hope the government will never ever demolish this grand old lady.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: