Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

 

Ice skating is just fabulously delightful! Even the clumsiest and fattest of persons will feel ever so light and graceful!
 

My favourite winter sport - downhill skiing!

I guess when God gives us 4 seasons in a year, it is perhaps to break the monotony of the surroundings. For us who are living in the tropics where we have 3 seasons in a year - namely, hot, hotter, hottest, the evergreen trees could spell boredom for us. Wait a minute.....am not so sure, because I often hear Canadians complain of the blistering cold even before it arrives.! Instead of enjoying the golden splendour of Autumn, many would be already worried about the forthcoming winter!

How I love winter! And especially all the winter sports and activities - cross country skiing, downhill skiing, ice skating, skidooing and tobaganning! Hence, I was thrilled when I chanced upon this particular section in Takashima when I went to collect keys from a co-broking agent. Naturally, many shoppers were also glued to the wonderful display of interesting items at this section. All the decorative displays are automated by batteries and electricity. I particularly like the above two and could not resist smiling when I saw the figurines dancing and skating on ice. It was amusing to watch the skiers coming down the slopes! Oh! How I wish I were in Canada skiing down the slopes of Banff Mountain! I am sure, I enjoy window shopping more than actually taking my purchases home, because I do not wish to increase the clutter in my flat. At one time, I spent hours in the bookshops to peruse books on flower arrangement, paintings, craft, cooking, gardening and travel. If I were to continue to buy more books, I would have to turn my home into a library!! Luckily, there are not too many frugal customers like me, or the departmental stores will have to close down!

Wake up! Choo! This is Singapore. I better treasure the glitter and shine along Orchard Road, and enjoy the fellowship of my colleagues, friends and relatives in tropical Singapore than to dream.!

Nevertheless, it is nice to dream once a year around Christmas time. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.......

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Oriental Express said...

I liked this line: " I enjoy window shopping more than actually taking my purchases home, because I do not wish to increase the clutter in my flat." I'm the same. Actually I don't even like window shopping that much, but it sometimes is really fun to see new things and beautiful things in stores. But I seldom if ever feel I want to own them.
James Dunlap

Lovells Hong Kong (852) 2840 5003