Monday, April 23, 2007

The Happiest Time of the Day

What is the happiest time of the day for you? I am very happy when I wake up every morning, with a spring in my step and a song in my heart, welcoming each day with renewed spirit and refreshed hope.

Yet, I must say that the happiest time of the day is when I come home from a hard days' work. In the bus or mrt, I will be thinking of Chelsea, and looking foward to seeing her with a tennis ball in her mouth as I open the door. Chelsea will then dance round and round, with her tail wagging furiously, expressing such great joy on seeing her mistress! After throwing and retrieving the tennis ball with Chelsea, I will turn on my computer to check for mails as I cool down under the ceiling fan. After ten minutes, it is taking a cold shower! How refreshing it is! What great joy and happiness!

Singapore would be just a great place to live in, if only the weather were kinder and cooler. The humidity can drive anyone nuts. Sometimes, I dream that snow would actually fall in Singapore one day! How nice if we could have 4 seasons for a change. It is quite scary to think that the world is getting hotter and hotter. Everyone of us must play a part to save the earth... cut down on airconditioning, and recyling papers, glasses, plastics, etc. I have stopped turning on the aircondition when I sleep... Cool air from the fan would suffice and also keep my bones in healthier condition.

No comments: