Sunday, September 09, 2007

Beautiful Sundays (Sondays)

"It is my, my, my beautiful Sunday!"
"It is my, my, my beautiful day!

So goes the evergreen popular song that is often sung at getais (stage shows) or in clubs.

It also expresses well my feelings for Sundays. First there is that important appointment with God in His House of Worship. Every Sunday, the pastor's sermon recharges my battery, so that I am refreshed for a challenging week ahead. My pastor's sermons are always down-to-earth, and can be applied to our everyday living.

I love the music and the hymns and songs we sing in church. I know that each time I come back from church, come what may, I will be able to ovecome negative emotion, not with my own strength but with the strength of the Lord. If there is a viewing of properties on Sundays, I will try to do it between 12.00 to 2.00 pm as at 3.00p.m. I will be teaching some foreign workers in the Tamil Ministry to play the piano. Currently I am learning the violin and drum and hopefully one day, I will join the church band.

It is also on Sundays that sometimes my nephew and his family would visit me in Singapore. After their church service in Johore Bahru, they would drive over to Singapore and it is always a joy to see my four lovable grand nieces.

I also try to catch some Indian movies on Sunday afternoons if I do not have viewing. It is wonderful that the church is just a stone's throw away from my apartment, and after the piano lessons, I would walk back home before joining the Tamil ministry again at night.

On this Sunday morning I am writing my 500th article in my blog!

I love Sundays, don't you?

Gan Chau

No comments: