Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Role Model (1)

As some of my readers find my articles somewhat too long, I have decided to break them into parts for easier and more rapid reading. Today, I want my readers to know the character of my role model.

Eldest sister, Lee Lee, has always been a responsible sister and filial daughter. She was always concerned about the health of my parents, especially the over weight of papa. Now she is concerned about my weight and teaches me how to go for healthier options where food is concerned.

I remember when she was dating my brother-in-law, she had on a few occasions taken the family out for a nice meal and to sight see Penang Hill and Batu Feringghi Beach as well. While second sister Ean Ean preferred complete privacy, eldst sister was always willing to share her time and money.

Sister shared how when she was in Primary School, she was flippant and nonchalant about her school work. Everyday, she would just dump her schooolbag in the house after school, and go out to play till sun set! Yet, when she became a Christian in Secondary One, everything changed for her. She became studious and realised that books were actually very interesting to read. Soon she topped the class. Not wanting to be a burden to papa, Sister enrolled at the Teacher's Training College. She was an excellent teacher in the primary schools she had taught in Penang and Sarawak.

I remember I wept when Sister had to move to Sarawak. She kept asking me to take good care of our parents. She was a good wife and mother, ensuring that all her children receive the tertiary education that she never had. Today, all my nephews and niece are doing very well.

Eldest sister is an excellent manager of her time. She is always active and no matter how busy, she will always find time to go that extra mile for others. I remember how she took the time to knit a lovely sweater and scarf for me when I was preparing for my trip to Canada for my studies. It is amazing how she can pack so much in a day. People say that ladies are multi taskers and sister is an excellent example.

I thank God that He has shown me His love by giving me a wonderful sister. When you have wonderful and caring older siblings, you will be glad you that you have taken your own sweet time to come out of your mother's womb. I know I am. :-)

No comments: