Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tasty Thai Hut

 


After closing my client's executive condominium at Summerdale, they gave me a ride to Bukit Timah as it would be easier for me to catch direct buses to my home.

I decided to have an early dinner at the Food Centre at Toh Yi Drive. I stumbled upon an attractive looking stall displaying interesting Thai dishes. The prices were reasonable. $3.90 for most of the dishes from Phad Thai to Pineapple Rice and Green Curry.

I decided to try the Phad Thai. It is delicious and the noodle is not too dry, with just the right amount of moisture. I talked to the lady and found out that her name is Swee and she hailed from Haadyai, and is married to a Singaporean. As hers is a one-woman show, she can only limit herself to preparing 8 types of dishes. I complimented her for her culinary skill and asked if she would provide olive rice in future. She might try one day as her business expands, and she is able to afford an assistant.


Try the food readers. You won't be disappointed! The Thai food is authentic, cheap and good!!! I am not a "foodie" like Dr. Leslie Tay. No matter how delicious the food, do not expect me to travel far and wide for the food. For me the most important is convenience. Hence, I will try food as and when I am "landed". And when I do come across good and cheap food, I will whip out my camera and introduce the stall to my colleagues and clients. :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: