Friday, September 14, 2007

Cheap and Good!!!

 

The stall at Tekka Food Centre, #01-354

 

The laksa that has just the right amount of coconut milk

 

The prawn noodle soup gives a delightful fragrance. Without a shadow of doubt, the operators use prawn stock, not msg.!

When I moved to Little India, I was somewhat apprehensive as to what food I could find. Hence, imagine my delight when I found that many of the food stalls at Tekka Market Food Centre are not only delicious but easy on the pocket!

My favourite local dishes are laksa and prawn noodle soup. Hence, I was very glad when I found a stall at unit 01-354, Quan Fa Cooked Food, run by a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Chen.

The laksa has just the right amount of coconut milk. I find that most operators tend to add too much coconut milk into their stock. The couple are also generous with the prawns.... a bowl of $2.00 laksa or prawn noodles comes with 3 average sized whole prawns.

Take your family out one day to Tekka Market Food Centre. You can have a variety of food - from Chinese, Indian, Malay to Western Food. I understand that the dumb briyani is very famous and so is the Indian Rojak. There is certainly something for everyone.

Am I glad I have moved here, where food is still so cheap and affordable in the city!

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: