Thursday, September 06, 2007

Have Fun While We Work!

 

Looks easy, but it's tough!
 

Easier to be an insect than a homo sapien!
 

Dr. Wee with his efficient administrative staff

 

Dr. Wee's unique birthday cake. Tastes as good as it looks!


Every year, we have 3 events lined up for us at Dennis Wee Group. We have our Retreat where we get to improve our teamwork and networking; we have our Business Convention where top producers are awarded and guest speakers invited and finally we have our Dinner and Dance where we can let our hair down for an evening of great food and rock-n-roll!

Our Retreat this year was held at Changi. The theme was "Survivor!" I am not one of the sporty type, and it was with some apprehension when I went to the Camp. We had to go through 5 obstacles, and the first one was the "Spider's Web". Gosh! How was I to get in with my short legs. Even Kenobe, the tallest in our group realised it was not easy for him to lift his leg into one of the lowest opening in the web without touching the string! My group members lifted me and put my two legs inside the web and gradually, my whole body went through! What a relief. I am so thankful for the supportive group who were very encouraging and did not complain about my heavy weight, but I told myself there and then, that I must shed at least 15 kg before the next camp!

We also celebrated Dr. Wee's 55th birthday. Dr. Wee had earlier invited us to his birthday bash at the Fifties Club three days earlier, as he realised it would be too long a day to celebrate on the same day of the retreat.

I have been invited by many real estate companies to join them, but I prefer to stay where I am at Dennis Wee Group. I have wonderful colleagues and a boss who belives in playing hard as well as working hard. As I had written earlier, my greatest achievement in the retreat was to overcome my fear in doing the flying fox. When I go to Disney Land, I will go up on the roller coaster again! Life begins at 50!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: