Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kenneth - A Cute Poodle

 

 

 


My immediate neighbour, Irene, has a white poodle, Kenneth. He is 10 years old. When I first visited Irene, Kenneth took to me immediately. I guess dogs have an instinct and can immediately detect animal lovers!

Kenneth likes to go for his daily walks. Even though he is quite an old dog, and walks sometimes a little too slowly for his impatient mistress, he still enjoys taking a breather outdoors. As is the habit of most dogs, Kenneth likes to urinate on poles, and trunks of trees, etc. Most small dogs have a tendency to bark a lot, but Kenneth is quiet. He does not bark when neighbours pass by his owner's unit. It is as if he knows for he only barks when strangers come a knocking!

Once Irene brought Kenneth to my apartment. Irene warned Kenneth not to dirty the apartment and he was obedient. Irene showed me how Kenneth disliked to be told that he is dirty and smelly. Irene gave a little rub on his body and put her hand near Kenneth's nose, "See, you're so dirty and smelly." Immediately Kenneth growled to show his displeasure.! I laughed when I saw him barring his teeth to show that he was really angry! He only growled but never bit.

How I wish dogs can be given proper names for dogs, eg. Snowy, Brownie, Snoopy, Chewie, etc. Once Irene called her dog, and a young man kept turning around. Finally he asked, "Are you calling me?"

I am not a statistician or psychologist, but I believe dog and animal lovers are generally happier, more relaxed and serene people!

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: