Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cute, Lovable Pandas!






My ex-lecturer at the Institute of Education, Dr. Clive S., an animal lover, have sent me pictures of the cute giant pandas. They are so well taken that I would like to share with my readers. Don't the pandas look winsome?

I have always longed to hug a panda bear. It is for this reason that in October, 2007, I had actually applied to teach English in Chengdu for a year. I might volunteer to help in the Panda Reserve. However, I thought I might delay my trip for a little while as there were many unfinished tasks in Singapore. I was extremely worried when I heard about the recent earthquake in Chengdu. It was heroic of the staff to risk their lives to save the panda cubs. Each cub weighs about 20kg!

It is interesting that pandas look so cute. They look like gentlemen in white shirts and black coats with dark sun glasses! Our creator is so awesome and creative. Whenever I look at the lovely pictures of these pandas, I will smile and it makes me happy. What a beautiful world we live in.! Let us all play a part in helping to conserve the earth so that none of the lovely creatures will ever become extinct.!

Gan Chau

No comments: