Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Lovely Rendezvous!

 

Dinner at Annalakshmi Vegetarian Restaurant at Chinatown Point

 

A pitcuresque night scene of the Central Business District

 

A feast for the eyes - lovely night scenes greet you as you cruise along the river.

 

The lovely kois in the pool of Fullerton Hotel

I decided to give my tenants Ashok and Jasmin a treat. Their friends, Avinesh and his wife, Anu, have also just arrived from India. Avinesh is a colleague from Mumbai who has been posted to work in their head office of Soundbuzz in Singapore. I also took the opportunity to invite my best friend, Amu, to join us for dinner as well as to meet my guests.

After a lovely dinner at Annalakshmi Vegetarian Restaurant, I decided to take them to Boat Quay, and since they were not too tired, to take a boat cruise along the river. As it was almost 10.00 p.m. we were the only passengers. The new boat now has an extra extension of open air seating. I was happy to see my guests, shooting photos of the lovely scenes around them. It was only a 30 minute cruise, but it left my Indian friends lovely memories of their rendezvous. I have never been good with the camera. Ashok and Jasmin are good photographers! Wow! Look at the lovely photos!

Although it must have been the umpteenth time that I have been on the river cruise, I always feel happy to enjoy the breeze and lovely lights. Morever, at night, the weather is less warm. I guess it is always the company that we are with that enhances our joy and happiness.

Gan Chau

No comments: