Saturday, July 12, 2008

My 766th Article!

It takes discipline to write. One can always give excuses of not having the time, or having a mental block. Yet, as I have often told my students in the past, all we need to do is to sit down, and out will gradually flow our creative juices! It works! Try it!

I am beginning to enjoy some Channel 8 and U programmes. Of late, I notice that the quality of the plot in the serials has improved. The acting of some of the veteran actors and actresses has become more natural. I also realise that Media Corps try to produce serials that are relevant to life in Singapore, eg. La Femme and The Perfect Cut. La Femme highlights on the family and social relationship between friends and colleagues. Viewers will learn more about plastic surgery in The Perfect Cut.

My tenants, Ashok and Jasmin, are now also beginning to enjoy the programs. They read the English subtitles as their mother tongue is Hindi. I told Jasmin yesterday evening that I hope one day, I will learn how to write scripts for television production.

Of late, I have been presenting 15 minute speeches on selected topics to share with toastmasters' clubs. This afternoon, I will be at Hongkah North Toastmasters' Club to share on "The Art of Communication". Our weekly Saturday morning speechcraft will resume on the 28th of this month and I am really looking forward to it.

Hence it is difficult for me to comprehend how some people could say that life is boring in Singapore. There is always something for everyone to do. It is not so much of where we live, but how we make the most of our situation.

Gan Chau

No comments: