Friday, July 04, 2008

The Lovely Flowers in Fullerton Hotel

 

A magnificent arrangement of flowers greet you as you enter the lobby of Fullerton Hotel.
 

Gorgeous, fresh and lovely roses from Holland.
 

Orchids, abundantly grown in ahem! Singapore!
 

Lovely red flowers with a tinge of orange! Am afraid I don't know the name
of the flowers.

My guests, Ashok Shaw, Jasmin Patel, Avinesh Gupta and his wife, Anu admired the majestic Fullerton Hotel as our boat cruised along the river. Hence I asked them if they would like to see the interior of the luxurious hotel as well.

"Can?" asked Jasmin, somewhat surprised, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Sure". This must have been the umpteenth time I have been to Fullerton Hotel. This is probably why I enjoy my work so much as a property agent, because I love things aesthetic, and I enjoy the various architectural designs of buildings.

As our weather is very warm, it is quite difficult for us to grow certain flowers like roses, tulips, etc. Hence it is always such a joy to look at gorgeous floral arrangements in hotels and offices. I taught myself how to do floral arrangements by observing the flowers on display. Most of these flowers would be imported from all over the world.

Fullerton Hotel is one of the more hospitable hotels. By that I mean the hotel does not bar people from entering the hotel even if they are not patrons. I am sure they have their own security system, but by being guests-friendly, the hotel is putting itself in very favourable light - what better advertising can one get than from the mouths of visitors?

Once I brought a group of members from the Penang Hiding Place to a luxurious hotel because I wanted to show them the beautiful architecture, especially the money plants cascading down from every level! As we were about to enter the glass lifts, a security guard stopped us and did not allow my guests to go up! I was somewhat annoyed! Just because these ex-drug addicts had tattoos on their bodies and look somewhat rugged?
I had brought my family and other guests up without any problem before. It makes me irritated when people are being judged by their looks. I asked the security guard if he had seen the movie where the men who robbed the diamonds on display at a hotel were elegantly clad in coats and ties? The guard looked somewhat taken aback. You bet - since then I never patronise that hotel again!

When we came home, I showed my guests the old photos of Singapore taken in the 1960's on my computer. They were surprised that Fullerton Hotel was once used as an old Post Office. After renovation, the hotel has been transformed to a grand and elegant Old Lady!

I am glad that most hotels in Singapore are as guests-friendly as Fullerton. However, do not be fooled by the relaxed atmosphere. For would-be terrorists, know that pairs of eyes are looking at you through cameras everywhere! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Singapore, the pearl of the Orient!

Gan Chau




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All these flowers are so beautiful!! Great choice!!