Friday, July 18, 2008

Visit to the URA Centre

 

My wonderful colleagues at Dennis Wee Group
 

One of the awesome exhibits in the URA Centre

Every Tuesday morning, we have our NUC meeting at our head office at Park Mall. NUC stands for networking, updating and case studies. Agents would meet to discuss the latest in market trends. We learn from each other. The NUC is led by Dr. Dennis Wee's capable director, Mr. Chris Koh. The first Tuesday of the month will be a potluck breakfast. Many of my colleagues are great cooks and we have such a warm time of fellowship and sharing of food. At most times, our generous Mr. Chris Koh would buy breakfast for everyone, including the administrative staff. Sometimes someone would volunteer to cook for the whole meeting or give everyone a treat.

Sometimes we would visit site offices of new projects. At one time, we decided to visit the URA Centre to see and learn about the latest development and changes that have taken place. URA means Urban Renewal Authorities, and it located at Maxwell Road.

It was a great visit. Many of us left, feeling that we had spent a worthwhile time. It makes me more appreciative of what the authorities have done to ensure that our city is well organised. As Singapore is a small island, we have to maximise all the available land we can utilise. I always feel proud when my friends from overseas comment how well planned Singapore is. I am looking forward to taking the new MRT line to Bukit Timah when it is completed. I remember telling my second brother Kee Seng that I am happy to call Singapore home as I can zip around everywhere with great convenience. I would no longer feel comfortable living in my hometown, Penang, as I would always have to depend on someone to drive me around.

Even when my friends in Singapore volunteer to give me a ride in their cars, I often turn them down, especially when it is not convenient. Unless, they pass by my destination would I accept their kind offer. Public transport in Singapore is so efficient and convenient. As a real estate agent who does not drive, I often arrive earlier than my clients. Papa had trained his children to be punctual. My punctuality is enhanced because of the excellent infra structure in Singapore! I love my "BMW No. 11". :-)

Gan Chau



Posted by Picasa

No comments: