Monday, May 24, 2010

Happiness is .......(34)

 
Posted by Picasa



I had observed a number of times that little birds with sharp pointed beaks and feathers with shades of yellow, light brown and orange have been hovering around my plant. This plant has sprouted with a luxuriant growth of healthy, green curry leaves. The plant was given to me by my best friend, Amu about two years ago.

I could not take photos of the birds because they are very shy for when I go near them, they would fly away and would not return. Hence, I could only have the joy and pleasure of observing them eating the curry leaves.

Once my neighbour asked me, "Choo, why don't you shoo the birds away. Your plant is becoming bald."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Pandu. Let the birds enjoy the leaves. If they like the leaves it means the birds must be feeling unwell, and the leaves are like medicine to them.
Living creatures know how to find their own medication.!"

The birds don't always come for the leaves, only occasionally. Interestingly, the leaves will grow back even more luxuriantly than before! Indeed it is more blessed to give than to receive, for like the Sea of Galilee, the curry plant thrives even more healthily and luxuriantly!

An email from a friend, Bilora Chowdhury, confirms my thoughts about the goodness of curry leaves. The above article reveals the goodness of curry leaves.

Even little creatures like birds know the goodness of curry leaves! What a wonderful world we are living in, and happiness is knowing that the Creator has provided so many types of plants and herbs for his Creation!

No comments: