Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Have Faith Will Climb Nanglay Mountain

Our missionaries in Kathmandu decided to bring us to Nanglay, which is a small village on part of a range of Mount Everest. It is a continuous hike of about 4 hours. We affectionately called it "our Nanglay Mountain".

"I think it should not be a problem for five of you ladies to climb the mountain.... but I'm worried about Choo", our missionary Guan Cheng declared, like an army commander. I am used to being grilled about my bulk. I smiled sheepishly and mumbled to myself. "Oh! Lord! He will be in for a big shock! Have faith can climb any mountain!"

Guan Cheng, our leader, was indeed very surprised at my agility! My excess double insulation had belied the determination and perseverance of a fit body! All my five friends were exhausted by the climb and had to nurse sore muscles the following day. The following Friday, they did not want to climb Nanglay Mountain again, leaving me to accompany our missionaries to my favourte spot on Mount Everest! Have faith will climb mountaints!

Gan Chau

No comments: