Thursday, February 09, 2006

Have faith will cover 24 km run

My friend, Carrie and I often loved to participate in 10 km runs. Hence, as usual we signed up for one 10 km run on a Sunday morning. After the second drinks stall, I thought that would be the end because the organisers usually put up drinks station at every 5 km. We kept running and seemed to be going up to Change Airport. On the , we met some police officers on duty and asked how long was the run for. "20km" said the polic officer. Gosh! We had signed up for the wrong event! However, having completed half way, I decided we would press on till completion.

When my tenants who worked with Neptune Orient Lines asked me to participate in their company's 21st celebration I agreed. I partipated in the 21k run to commerate their 21st Anniversary.

The final event which I participated and which would be my last participation was the Mobil Half Marahon run. Wen my principal heard of my intention, she called me into her office again. "Do be careful, Ms. Kam. If at any time you are too tired, do not complete the race. Don't want to lose a good teacher like you, you know," my kind boss smiled.

I managed to complete the half marathon within the allowed time of 2 hours. I managed to clock in 1 hour 40 minutes.

Have faith, will complete 24km run. This is the last of my "Have faith series"


Gan Chau

No comments: