Sunday, March 12, 2006

Did You Train Your Dogs to Smell Money?

One day, I decided to take my two dogs, Kamlette and Kam Xiao Bai, for a slightly longer walk up to the Turf Club. As we were walking, Xiao Bai went up to a bushy plant and started lifting one of his legs. (Male dogs like to go around sniffing and urinating at different spots so as to mark their territory). Just then, I thought I saw some money partially hidden beneath the big bushy plant. I picked it up, and found that it was not one, not two, not three, but four $1,000/- notes. They were somewhat dirty with some soil and I thought they were probably fake notes, as it was the feast of the hungry ghosts, and worshippers were burning hell notes in offering to their deceased relatives. However, the notes looked quite real.... hence I decided to bring them home and check with the bank.

To my surprise, the bank teller told me that they were real notes! She burst out laughing when I told her my Chow Chow found the notes! "You're so lucky!" she exclaimed. I wondered who could have dropped so much money on the road, and deduced that some punters could have dropped part of their winnings, as the bushy plant was near a bus stop which was near the Turf Club. In fact, this was not the first time I had picked up money while walking my dogs. Some of my friends are beginning to tease me when they asked if I had actually trained my dogs to smell money! I would like to think that it is providence from the Creator of these lovely four legged creatures!:-)

Gan Chau

1 comment:

jaffeboy said...

Oh, I can just see my MaMa getting ready to have me sniff out money everytime we go for walks!!! Come to think of it, its not a bad idea cos I get to go out + I'm sure she will use the money to buy more treats for me!!!!