Monday, March 06, 2006

Realisation......

My wonderful siblings are often worried about my living alone. Hence to please them, and it is also my nature to have people with me, I have always taken in tenants to share the home with me. This would also give me a chance to practise all the great hospitality I have received when I was a student in Canada.

My Philippine tenant had just moved out. A lovely lady from Myammar was interested to move in. I accepted her even though she could stay for only three months as she was going to do a Post Graduate course in New York at Columbia University. Why penalise someone just because it would be more troublesome for a short term stay.

When Thet, the potential tenant, came for a second viewing on Sunday afternoon, she told me she had shared with her mom that she was going to live with an energetic lady. She had sent an sms to me to say she would like to come over on Saturday, but I replied that I was having an open house at my client's condominium and after that would head for the Marina Mandarin where a friend had invited me for her company's Dinner and Dance. I shared with Thet that it was the happiest Saturday for me, because at the open house, somone bought my client's condominium at a reasonably good price. Hence, I could dance with a greater peace of mind and if the party had not ended at 2.00a.m., I "could've danced all night" like Eliza Do'Little in My Fair Lady! I seldom go for such dinner and dance functions, but when I do attend one, I would dance with all my heart and mind. I just love to move along with music!

"I told mom that you have such a glowing complexion for someone your age!" continued Thet. "I did not realise you sleep so few hours and yet there are no dark circles around your eyes!"

I had taken so many things for granted! It was nice to learn a little more about myself from another person's perspective.

Gan Chau

No comments: