Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Profile of My Precious Readers

Since I started blogging, with the strong encouragement of my dear lawyer friends, Tan Yeow Choo and Lilian Bay, and my university buddies, Yang Mo Shin, Richard Tam and James Dunlap, I have been very curious about the profile of my precious readers.

Now I have readers from 20 countries. I notice that now my American readers equal my local readers in quantity. I also notice that most of my overseas readers have blog addresses whereas most of my local readers do not. Hence I can conclude that Singaporeans and residents in my beloved little country are not in the habit of blogging yet. This is why I am now encouraging my students, friends, clients and relatives to start writing!

Hence whenever I find that my reader is a blogger I will click on his address as I want to know who he is. I would read the blog and sometimes make comments or ask questions. What to do? Born like that....forever curious lah!

However, there is certainly one thing I know about my readers. They are very shy or "bu hao yi si." I envy those bloggers who receive many comments from their readers. As for me, sadly even though I have written over 128 articles now, I received very few comments from readers. I don't think I am such a perfect writer that I have covered all the points which make readers agree wholeheartedly with me! Come on my precious readers. Without you, the existence of my blog will be meaningless. Only you can help to enrich me to become a better writer with your feedback. I assure you that having gone through so many tsunamis in life, my skin is now very thick to weather all storms of verbal assault and criticisms.!

Also, having been blessed with a wonderful papa, I have become very teachable, for I always believe in what Emerson had always advocated, "Every man I meet is my superior in some way; in that I learn of him."

Gan Chau:-)

No comments: