Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Another Scam.....this time from Malaysia!

barrchinleong@aol.co.uk wrote: CHIN LEONG AND ASSOCIATES
SOLICITOR AND ADVOCATES
NO. 24, JALAN MELAKA RAYA 31,
TAMAN MELAKA RAYA
MALAYSIA
TEL: +60 12 2442893
I am Chin Leong,an attorney at law.A deceased client of mine,that shares the same last name as yours, who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition on the 11 November 2001. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the Gulf Air Flight Crashes in Persian Gulf Near Bahrain Aired August 23, 2000 - 2:50 p.m. ET as reported on:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/23/bn.08.html

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Seventee million five hundrend dollars( US$17.5 million dollars) is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will be provided.All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.


This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from many breach of the law. If this business proposi tion offends your moral values,do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response.Please contact me at once to indicate your interest. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible via my private EMAIL:( boochinleong1@hotmail.com) and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity.I look forward to your quick reply.
Best regards,
Chin Leong
Attorney at Law

.....................................................................................

This is the second time that I have received a second email from Barrister Chin Leong. Although the content is different, it is playing along the same line.

The above letter is even more ridiculous! First, Brarrister Chin Leong claimed that his client had the same surname as me! I wonder why he never did his research properly. The "Kam" surname is very rare both in Malaysia and Singapore. If you look into the Street Directories, You will have pages upon pages of "Ong, Lim, Tan, Wong, Lee, Ang, Chan, Chin" etc. just to name a few. Although I have not yet seen the Street Directories in Thailand and Indonesia, I would presume it is the same.

Secondly, Barrister Chin Leong claimed that his client's relatives had all crashed in the airplane. What a boring story with the usual plot that you have heard from other Africans with great titles of "Dr., C.E.O., Sir," etc. who also claimed that their associates had also perished in air crashes! Gosh, if planes crash so often, I'd rather stay landed on good, Singapore soil.!

It annoys me even more that Chin Leong has an address in Kuala Lumpur, which actually makes him look more credible than the Africans. Even though I have a niece in Kuala Lumpur, I will not waste her time to verify the address! My reply to Chin Leong is as follows :-

Dear Barrister Chin Leong,

Sorry, I may be a Kam, but I am in NO WAY related to your client. We may fool the world, but we CANNOT fool God who knows our every cell and fibre!! God hates dishonesty, greed and covetousness....$$$ that is obtained in the wrong way will perish one way or another. Do not lay your treasures on earth but in heaven.

You are a barrister..... please use your brains to help others; not harm them. What is done in the dark will one day be exposed in the light. Sorry, your $$$$$ does not make my world go round; it only makes my world more flat and chaotic.!

Gan Chau




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a FREE AOL Email account with 2GB of storage. Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Click Here for more information.

3 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

I loved the line "All I require is your honest cooperation ...", when what he is supposedly asking you to do is to lie about who you are (pretend to be the next of kin of someone you have no relationship to) in order to help him defraud the bank and the real next of kin. Lovely.

And he even acknowledges that he's asking you to do something immoral: "If this business proposi tion offends your moral values,do accept my apology."

This is the most interesting feature of this scam. Most of them at least pretend to be something honest and legitimate (though of course fairy-tale impossible). James Dunlap from Hong Kong

Anonymous said...

Here is another replica of him, from "Barrister Chin Leong", his emailaddress being barr underscore chin underscore leong203 at yahoo dot com dot my :


Dear,
My name is Barrister Chin Leong, a legal practitioner with Leong Law Firm in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia . I saw your contact and profile and decided that you could cooperate with me in this proposition.

I have a client, who was deceased in November 2001, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am contacting you because you have the same surname as my deceased client and I felt that you could help me in the distribution of funds that was left in my deceased client's account.

This fund is close to been declare dun-serviceable by the Bank as there were no indicated next of kin or next of beneficiary of the fund in the account, having remained dormant for long. The total amount of cash in the account of my deceased client is US$ 5.7 Million (Five Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United States dollars only).

The Bank had issued me, a notification to contact the next of kin of my deceased client, to make beneficiary claim, of the fund in the account, with a month surcharge of 6% to be deducted as an Escrow safe keeping fee of the account, so as to avoid the indefinite closure of the account.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent, and to present your kind self as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client, since you have the same last name with him.

This means that the proceeds of his account would be paid to you as his next of kin or the legitimate beneficiary. When the proceeds in his account are paid to you, we would share the proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage of 80% to me and 20% to your kind self.

All the legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next of-kin would be provided by me. The most important thing I would need is your honest cooperation in this proposition. This would be done under a legitimate arrangement that would protect you from any breach of the law.

If this business proposition offends your value, feel free to decline this proposal. Please contact me at once if you're interested.
Yours Faithfully,
Barrister Chin Leong Esq

Bosan dengan spam? Mel Yahoo! memiliki perlindungan spam yang terbaik
http://my.mail.yahoo.com/

He didn't mention my name, no surname either nor my "deceased next of kin's" name, didn't leave his address or telephone no. or a special etiquette from his office. BEWARE OF THE FRAUDS!

The Oriental Express said...

It is amazing how these people will spend their time trying to con innocent people.

And boy! Their stories are always the same.....air crash, sick with no kin, etc. and they always call themselves Sir, Dr. and are people who hold high sounding titles in the banks, organisation. Bo...ooooo....ring!

Thanks for sharing your comments.