Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wishing All Fathers a Happy Fathers' Day

Whenever people compliment me for being compassionate and generous, I will give the credit to papa. It was he who had taught all his five children by his fine examples of love, kindness and charity to others.

People often ask me why I am always so cheerful and happy. Again, my thanks to papa who had always been optimistic and full of gratitude. Papa always believed that truth will always prevail; hence there is no necessity for any of us to have to be overly defensive. He also taught us that there is no pride in success; no shame in failure, so long as we have tried our best. Life is not about falling down; it's about picking ourselves up each time we fall. I had witnessed how papa would smile even though he had tons of problems. He always believed that there would always be a solution to every problem. If every thing failed, there would always be divine intervention! A simple man of great faith. It was this faith that enabled papa to give away his last dollar to someone who asked him for help.He always believed that when we lend our umbrella to someone in dire need God will bless us with a bigger umbrella when we are in need.

Though steeped in Chinese literature, papa was quite modern in his approach towards the upbringing of his children. Whilst ma ma was not in favour of giving my sisters and I too much education, papa thought otherwise for he believed that the hands that rock the cradle rule the world. Hence, it is very important for ladies to be well educated so that they could be good helpmates to their spouses.

Papa was quite demonstrative in his affection. Each time he came back from work, he would holler, "Where's my bao bei? (precious one). Hence is it any wonder that I should grow up, confident and courageous in the knowledge that I am so well-loved by my wonderful father. I am glad that now, fathers are beginning to realise the importance of bonding with their children, and not to be afraid of hugging their kids so as to show their love. The first five years of a child's development is very crucial.

Indeed if I am what I am today, I want to give all credit to papa. Each fathers' day, I would always give thanks to god for having given me the most wonderful father on earth. Here is Choo wishing all fathers a Happy and Blessed Fathers' Day.!

No comments: