Sunday, June 03, 2007

Who wants to commit suicide?

I received an interesting sms from my colleague, Vincent Owyong, yesterday.

Vincent: Choo, I won't be going to the office today. Am going to Pandan Valley to
help rescue some fish.

Choo: From the canal, pond or river?

Vincent: From the tank. My friend's fish. Want to commit suicide already.

Choo: (Puzzled). Who wants to commit suicide? Your friend or the fish.?

Vincent: My friend's luohan on heat. Jumped out of the tank and onto the balcony.
The tank too small. lol.

Choo: Ignorant owner putting big fish in small tank. Tell your friend to change
tank or I'll put him in a child's tub! Only then he will know how his luohan feels to be kept in a tiny tank.


Vincent: Ya lor. Told him to steam the luohan with ginger and garlic.!

Choo: People only keep luohan for good luck. By steaming his fish, he'll be
steaming his luck away.

Vincent: Wonder why people put big fish in small tank?

Choo: Their fish grow faster than they anticipated. Then too lazy to change
tank. Seen too many of such cases already.

Vincent is also an animal lover. He likes to keep different types of fish in his aquariums. I like fish too but dare not catch them with my hands. Hence I prefer to admire the beautiful hues of colorful fish in tanks. Generally, I prefer
furry animals like dogs and cats.

I cannot tolerate to see dogs being caged or tied up to a leash in the house the whole day long. Once, there was an owner living in Watten Estate. Each
time I walked past his house, his poor dog would be leashed up. The maid told me that the owner did not like his dog to poo everywhere. Hence, the dog was chained up. He did not understand that dogs generally do not like to dirty their own place of abode.

If dog owners do not know how to toilet train or train their dogs in any other way of obedience, etc. then it is best they do not let animals suffer by keeping them.
The memory of the sad looking dog haunted me, until I had to report to the SPCA to coerce them to teach the owner how to understand his pet. I always believe that there are no lousy dogs; only lousy owners. The onus is on homo sapiens to train their four legged pets which the Creator has so beautifully made to be man's best friends.

I guess my love for animals has turned me into gradually becoming a vegetarian. But then plants are also living things. How nice if we could just survive on hot air!!!

No comments: