Saturday, June 09, 2007

An Oasis in the Desert

I am flying off to Kuching Sarawak this evening and will be away for a week. Hence I will be computer-less. Looking for an internet cafe in Kuching is like looking for an oasis in the desert.

Eldest sister has a phobia for things electronic, and now she has indicated she will learn how to operate the computer. She is also a terrific writer and it would be so much easier if she could use the computer for her writing. Also, she can correspond with me and my other siblings via email. What an uphill task for me to persuade all my older siblings to learn how to email. Edlest brother and second sister find the mobile phones confusing! Four of my nephews and nieces are in the computer business... they too have been striving hard to persuade their parents to overcome their phobia.

So until then, my dear readers, if you do not hear from me within the next one week, you will know that I am fine.....except computer-less!

Gan Chau

No comments: