Friday, June 08, 2007

Not Fat, But Iron!

I shared with some of my colleagues the incident at the Polyclinic and the result shown on the weighing machine - 88.8 kgs!

"But you don't even have a double chin, Choo...must be something wrong with the weighing machine lah," volunteered Louise, my colleague.

"The machine could not be inaccurate. Everywhere I weighed.... the result was about the same....fat means fat lah," I declared stoically.

"How can you be heavier than me? I'm so much taller than you and I'm not even skinny", Dickson, my co-broking agent friend from Orange Tee continued, scratching his head in puzzlement.

"Mm... must be iron inside.... you're an iron lady! Had just shared with my group how come you can be a top agent when you don't even drive. Some of my team members drive and yet are not productive in sales", Dickson continued.

"How nice....Am I an iron lady? Think my bones must be full of that greyish matter...what do you call that?"

"Bone marrow...maybe you're right. My sister is about your size and she only weighs about 69 kgs", volunteered Sally.

Mm... if this were true...and I were to donate my bone marrow.... that might bring my weight down.

Sigh..... back to reality. After my trip to Sarawak, I have to visit the Weight Management Clinic at Alexandra Hospital and hopefully, a miracle can take place.
Mm... maybe I should have auditioned for the role of "The 200 Pound Beauty!" :-)

A FAT LADY'S PRAYER

Oh Lord, give me the serenity
to accept the iron and bone marrow,
to stoically reduce my weight tomorrow.

If it were real fat; let me get set,
To eat less, run more,
Take less oil, sweet and fat.

If all the above still don't work,
give me the simple faith,
to trust that you'll give me enzymes,
to burn the stubborn fat and grime,
so that I'll be more trim and fit,
A healthier Choo without excess meat!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... what a creative poem! ^^