Thursday, October 04, 2007

Creative Baking

 

 

 

 


The above pictures show the artistic decoration of cakes. So lovely and creative!
It makes me want to start baking again.

I learnt to make cakes while I was studying in Canada. I baked my first cake which was a cinamon cake with sour cream. My flat mate, Sow Fun, was often furious with herself, because she tried but each time, the cake would turn out to be either too soft or too hard. She was sure she had measured everything accurately, and was exasperated that despite her carefulness, the oven refused to cooperate. On the other hand, I had taken the short cut and did not quite bother to weigh the ingredients. Yet all my cakes turned out to be just right, if not perfect. I gues when one cooks, one must always feel and cook with the heart, not just by recipe alone.

I had just bought a wok which, when fitted with an electrical cover, hey presto, a cake could be baked. This is much cheaper than the conventional oven, which is not only costly, but requires a lot of storage space.

Hope, I can start baking again, and have the pleasure of decorating the cakes as well as I can.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: