Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Furry Visitors

 

 

My neighbour's cute dogs, Bobby, the Shi Tzu and Kenneth, the Bishon

Since Chelsea is now staying with me temporarily, Irin, my neighbour is very understanding. We have both managed to fight for Bobby to remain with her. The HDB officer was somewhat astounded by my vehemence in arguing the case for Bobby. I told him that dogs cannot speak and hence need dog lovers to be their mouthpiece. After all, Bobby's happiness is greatly at stake. It is amazing. It is as if he and Irin are destined to be together. Bobby takes to Irin naturally. He knows I am only his sitter when his mistress goes to work at night.

Yet, dogs are always grateful creatures. Even though Bobby has now gone back to Irin, he still remembers me. Every time Irin takes him and Kenneth for a walk, he would run to my door to see whether I am in! Of course, Kenneth would follow suit. Each time I see Bobby I want to laugh for he has the cutest face....he looks "gong gong" (somewhat innocently stupid) and it is this innocence that charms dog lovers around him. Bobby is a mix - a Shi Tzu and a Pekingnese....his face has some resemblance to a Pekingnese while his body is defintely that of a Shi Tzu. However, he is slightly taller and longer than most Shi Tzus.

Dogs give so much joy and dog lovers are one of the happiest people on earth. I know I am.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: