Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yours Truly, Uniquely Singapore (14)

I had just shown my client's unit at Villa Azura, and it started to drizzle just when I reached the bus stop to catch another bus to Orchard Road, to pass the key to a new client who had just rented a pent house.

The rain became heavier when I reached Scotts Road. As it was still early and I did not have an umbrella with me, I decided to spend the next 30 minutes in a Kentucky Fried Chicken joint for my brunch. I only visit KFC once in a purple moon (sorry, I prefer the colour, purple to blue.)

A young couple was seated next to me. They had the same order as me - a set meal with two pieces of chicken, salad and mashed potato. I noticed the lady slowly peeling off the skin of the chicken, while her partner ate his chicken - skin, meat and bones! He cleared his food with relish. I was amused because the lady was still peeling the skin off the second piece of chicken, which by then must have lost its warmth. She seemed to be peeling slowly, too slow for someone youthful, or did she reluctantly say "yes" to her partner's suggestion to have a meal in a KFC joint? Why visit KFC if one is afraid to consume the crispy skin which the late Colonel Sanders had spent years to perfect?

If the lady is terrified of the excess oil in fried chicken, she could drown it with some tea or take one Xenical tablet!

For me, I seldom visit KFC, but if I do, I would be like the lady's partner, eat the chicken - skin, meat and bones! I would not want Colonel Sanders to turn in his grave!

No comments: