Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Matter of Perception?

Chelsea is now back to stay with me for about 5 weeks. Her owner needs to fumigate her apartment and wants Chelsea to be away.

After not having seen Chelsea for the past few months, it was a great pleasure to see her again, neatly groomed with her fur trimmed until she is smooth like a piece of silk! Shanaz, Chelsea's owner, always worries about Chelsea being too warm in this climate. Chelsea does not look like a cocker spaniel anymore....only her long ears give her away.!

Like all faithful dogs, Chelsea was delighted to see me again and wagged her tail furiously. She was puzzled by the new environment in Little India. I took her for her usual morning walk, and was surprised when I soon reached Farrer Park MRT Station. Farrer Park Station is only one stop away from Little India MRT Station. It had not appeared to be so far away when I was walking Chelsea. I had walked to Mustapha and Pu Tien Restaurant at Kitchener Road a few times in the past. Somehow it had seemed so far away. Is it a matter of perception or is it a matter of doing something with someone you love, so that you do not feel the distance or the tiredness.? In my case, it is walking Chelsea, and discovering the various shops, temples and churches nearby. It is also enjoying meeting strangers on the road, who are puzzled by Chelsea's breed, given her new fur style!

If everything is a matter of perception, then I want to always look on the bright side of things. :-)

Gan Chau

No comments: