Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Your Truly, Uniquely Singapore (13)

Whenever I am waiting for the bus, or mrt, I would either read the newspapers or take the opportunity to make phone calls or clear my phone messages. If I were not doing any of these, then I would love to look around me, observing the people and activites.

Ever so often, I would see a couple. The man could be an incredible hunk, but what amuse me most is that this incredible hunk would have his manliness diminished with his carrying a very feminine looking bag, presumably belonging to his partner.

It makes me wonder, why some ladies could go to the extent of shopping for hours and hours, and even paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a branded bag, only to have her partner carry the lovely bag for her most of the times! Or is the handbag that really heavy to warrant her partner carrying it for her? Wouldn't she carry the bag herself for the sake of vanity? After all, a handbag is quite an important accessory that forms the complete grooming of a well-dressed lady.

If you think I am somewhat exaggerating, observe when you are in town....and smile, just as I always smile when I think how interestingly and uniquely different people are in this litle dot of really fine country. :-)

Gan Chau

No comments: