Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dennis Wee Group Toastmasters' Club Contest

 

Peter Tay, my favourite - a small guy with tall aspirations and great courage!
 

Yours Truly as Champion in Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests
 

Our supportive judges from other clubs......pretty Jerlynn enjoying herself.
 

Attractive Tim from Raintree Club - champion in Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests

I had originally planned not to compete in this year's contests as I feel I have more to learn and improve. However, we did not have enough contestants and hence I was goaded by my club president, Walter Lee, to participate.

We had a joint contest with Raintree Club. Tim won the Humorous Speech contest with her title, "How to Win in a Humorous speech contest." I won in my club's contest. The title of my speech, "Much Ado About Names".

I decide to prepare another speech in our Area Contest....this time my title will be "Aiyo Mama!" I have often been sharing about papa....this time I would share more about my mama.

Frankly, I dislike competition of any kind. I am one of those who are easily contented and happy, and I prefer to compete with myself....in other words, my performance today must be better than yesterday.

Life indeed is a long journey of learning! We learn from everyone.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: