Monday, May 29, 2006

Don't Leave Home Without It!

Whenever I go out, I have this morbid fear that a button on my blouse may drop off. Hence, you will always find some safety pins in my handbag. Nowadays, some of the tailoring work for mass-produced clothes is not finely done. Hence there is a likelihood for some pants to burst in their seems, especially when the person wearing them has eaten too mch or put on weight. Hence, I will always have an extra pair of pants or skirt in my carrier bag too. Just in case....

If I am wearing an old pair of shoes, there is also this fear of the shoes turning into a hungry crocodile, with gaping mouths. Once I had to walk barefoot on the rough pavement, because the almost brand new pair of shoes I had recently bought had given way! Incredible! I do not wish to mention the name of the shoe shop, but you can bet I will never patronise the shop again.

My tiger balm is also a precious item. When I was teaching in ACS, it was my "tool" and essential medical aid. When I needed to get the attention of the students especially when they were somewhat noisy, I would just use the bottle of tiger balm and hit on the table, producing a loud sound. The boys immediately knew I needed their attention. Once I forgot to bring my tiger balm, and one concerned student asked me about it.! When my chronic ear problem caused me to be nauseated, the application of the tiger balm on my forehead and nostrils would prove to be soothing.

Now you understand why some ladies carry big bags with them. Inside must be some items that they feel they cannot leave home without! I have now become a handy lady around. If someone in my office needs some safety pins or needle and thread, the staff will say, "Go to Choo.. she'll probably have it!:

If any readers are like me, do drop me a line, so that I will know I am not abnormal.
Do share what you cannot leave your home without!

Gan Chau :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 Things I always chech before leaving home:

Keys
wallet
Mobile phone - to ring home just in case I forgotten any of the above!

The Oriental Express said...

Frankly, if I could bring my pet dog with me, I would. Hate to leave the poor doggy alone at home!

thanh7580 said...

I have to agree with Stan. I only check that I have my wallet, keys and of course my phone. I've lost my wallet 4 times and "misplaced" my phone so many times that I make sure I check I have everything before I leave places.

Jiggles said...

If I could take the kitchen sink I would. I try and jam as many thing I can into my handbag but always end up forgetting something.

Anonymous said...

Looks like men travel lighter!

I can't leave home without my:
Umbrella
Book
Mp3player
Ezlink card holder
Wallet
Handphone
Pen
Make-up pouch
Office keys
Tissue

And this is why ladies need to carry handbags!

The Oriental Express said...

Seems to me that ladies lug around more stuffs than men. Anyone knows the reason why?