Monday, May 22, 2006

It's Time!

Wong Kim Hoh's article, "Chagrin and Bare It" is timely!. It is time that lines be drawn that what is not acceptable for the fairer sex is also not acceptable for the men. I have for quite some time, been wanting to write an article, especially after our wonderful ex-colleague, Mr. Ng Eng Chin of ACS, Independent, was charged with molestation of a student. I suppose the good excuse I could give is that I was not proficient with the computer at that time.

It irks me that it is easy for people to shout molest! The task seems even easier if it is uttered from the lips of a female or from a student. We read of young girls, in need of money, going around dangling that tempting carrot to weak-minded men, and turning around and shouting "molest and rape". The law comes to her rescue and no questions are asked simply because she has that trump card, "Underaged". We know how precocious kids are nowadays.

I guess the ladies who yanked the shirt off Kim Hoh's colleagues obviously knew they would never be charged for sexual harassment. I bet my three beloved doggies, that they would never dare to be that bold if there is a fine and a sentence hanging over their heads. Dear PAPa, please impose new rules to coerce your daughters and students to behave. Like Kim Hoh, I also have the feeling I'll get some mail from outraged readers. Since I have always encouraged my students that writing is for mental health, it is time for me to get this little congestion of emotional phlegm off my chest!

Gan Chau

1 comment:

Agagooga said...

I googled "Chagrin and Bare It" and got http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1095337_1%7C%7C665673_0_,00.html

HMM

What did the original article say>