Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Proposed Speech if I were with the WP!

When I was a teacher, my students were often encouraging me to join politics. I suppose the youngsters did not quite realise that being a good teacher in the classroom is very different from being a good speaker in the political arena.

Anyway, just for fun I wondered what I would say if I were with the opposition party, WP, and make a speech. Probably it would be something like this :-

"Friends, Singaporeans and Countrymen, please lend me your ears for one minute. You have the One Minute Manager. Today, you have the One Minute Political Speaker! I promise you this will be the shortest and sweetest speech you would ever hear.

I agree that the PAP has been a great party all these years. The PAP has achieved much for Singapore. However, humans are imperfect and this is why you must vote for me so that I can be that world class opposition party that SM Lee had been advocating of late. I will be that forceful, essential yet gentle reminder to PAP should the Party go a little overboard. My alert yet diplomatic presence will help keep PAP on the track so that together, we will work to help bring Singapore to even greater heights of success and achievement.

Brevity is the wit of the soul. To me, action speaks louder than words. Please trust me.....I will certainly walk my talk!!

Thank you for your support, I humbly remain."

Gan Chau :-)

2 comments:

jaffeboy said...

I'll put my paw on the voting ticket for you, Aunty Choo

The Oriental Express said...

So sweet of you, Jaffe... makes my day!

Guess you are also the little guy with few words.... someone who prefers action.

If I get elected, I will make sure there are more doggy runs and every two legged citizen to be more well informed and to learn more about what it means to be faithful, loyal, forgiving and trustworthy from our four legged citizens.

Aunty Choo, MP Wannabe :-)