Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Joy of Working From Home!

I attended the Toastmasters Club of Singapore at Sheraton Towers Hotel. It was my first time at the popular club. The table topics master had a topic. "Working at home is better than working in the office."

As I was the Language Evaluator for the meeting, I did not volunteer to speak even though I was aching to do so! I feel that others must be given a chance to speak, especially the non project speakers and guests.

I used to work from the office until recently when I decided to give up my office table space and work from home. I would only go to the office for meetings and paper work or when I have to meet my clients.

Right now I am just thinking I must be one of the luckiest ladies to be able to enjoy her work. As a real estate agent, my main paraphernalia would be my phones, note book and computer. I also enjoy sharing with others about the goodness of the quantum science pendant which exudes scalar energy.

I can wear pyjamas and old clothes at home. Often I am dressed in shorts and loose blouse so that it is more cooling. I can turn on the music softly or stand on the yoga board while talking on the phone. Sometimes I can also watch my favourite Chinese serial even while talking on the phone because I can read the sub-titles.
Ladies are well known for multi tasking, and I just love to do two to three things at one time. For some fresh air, I sometimes help my neighbour, Irin, to walk her two dogs.

If I work in the office, I am more likely to have my lunch or dinner in the cafeteria. Whereas if I work from home, I am more likely to cook simple yet healthy meals.

As my voice is naturally loud, I have all the privacy in the world. There is also no danger of being a noise pollutant! There is also the likelihood of not being caught up in office gossip and politics which are prevalent in most companies.

Best of all, I can avoid the cold airconditioning which tends to dry up the skin. I prefer the cold, but dislike having to apply moisturisers! Hence, the moving fan is sufficient for me.

Of course, one needs great discipline when one works at home.....or the bed is just too tempting and we will sz sz sz sz s n o......oze! Oops! There goes my deal!

Gan Chau

No comments: