Thursday, March 27, 2008

Who Wants to Feel Like a Millionaire?

"Choo, I read your blog article on the quarter aire. I like it," said Serene Teng, one of our company's top agents.

"I guess you're many times a quarter aire", I said.

"Yes, I was already a quarter aire at age 26, and today, I am many times over," asserted Serene with a glow in her face.

"But Choo, you're a millionaire in so many ways. You're so multi-talented. You're a good cook, an interesting public speaker, a good teacher, a prolific writer, etc. I'd be happy just to have two quarters of your talent", Serene asserted.

I smiled. Perhaps we should come up with a program, "Who wants to feel like a millionaire?" instead of the popular program, "Who wants to be a millionaire.?"

Feeling rich is just as important as really having the wealth. For there are people who have thousands and millions in the bank or in assets, yet still feel that they are poor.!

Although we just had enough when we were young, I never felt poor. We lived in a big attap house with a huge compound. My siblings would climb the chiku and jambu (rose apple) trees while I waited with a basket in my hand, ready to catch the fruits. We could draw lines on the sand, and played hours of hop scotch and tic-tac-toe. We were happy to wear hand-me-down, and make creative toys out of discarded things that we could find. Having the most wonderful father on earth made me feel very rich indeed! I would never trade places with anyone!

Who wants to feel like a millionaire? Happiness and contentment equals FULFILLMENT!

No comments: