Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Going Ga Ga Over Dogs!

 

A lovely golden retriever, Rex, I met while listening to the orchestral rehearsal at the Botanic Gardens with Jasmin, Anul and Avinesh.
 

Pappi, the lovely little and lively dog adopted by Prof. Clive
 

Moh Moh, one of Dr. Dennis Wee's three beloved dogs
 

Spiky, the lovely white chow chow in Aveline Tan's neighbourhood


Dogs and music! They make my world go round. Wherever I go, and whenever I see a dog, whatever the size and breed, I will go ga ga and will definitely ask the owner or maid walking the dog whether I can pat the dog on its head.

Most of the dogs are friendly and it gives me such great joy to be able to befriend dogs I meet along my way. Since the Botanic Gardens is quite near where I live, I will try to make it a point to go for a jog there twice a month. Apart from enjoying the greenery I also hope to be able to pat dogs that I meet.

Once I was in Melbourne and Sister Ean Ean, my sister-in-law Kim and I went for an early morning walk. There were so many dogs out in the park with their owners. I was so mesmerised with meeting all these dogs that I was left behind. Later my sister asked me if I was really going for a walk or for a talk. She could barely tolerate my craziness in greeting the dogs and talking to them!

I was very amused one morning when my colleague, Serene Teng, asked me if I had closed a $58 million dollar deal! "Why and where did you get the news?" I asked, amazed by the news. Nevertheless, I smiled and was temporarily happy with the potential possibility of closing a $50 million dollar deal in the future! It is strange that I hardly go to my office as I work from home....yet such rumours could even circulate!

"Some of our colleagues said you are the top agent this month and I saw you dancing so happily last night at Dr. Wee's birthday party which kind of confirmed it!"

"Oh Serene, you know what I'm like? Whenever I hear music, especially fast music, my legs will start to tap and shake! I love dancing to great music!"

I hardly go to pubs or parties, but when I do, I will dance to my heart's content. It is better than sitting down and piling all the calories! Why not enjoy myself and yet, at the same time, burning up all the food lying idle in my intestines?

So the next time you see me dancing happily away, it is not because I have closed a huge deal.! If I have to wait for closing of big deals to be happy, my life would be very miserable! Even if I were to close a small property, I am very happy and grateful to my clients for giving me the opportunity to serve them. Little things like meeting dogs, watching and listening to a street busker or getai singers will bring me much joy and contentment.

Let's all enjoy the simple things in life!

No comments: