Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sheer Synergy!

 

The Bonari Band from Japan, busking at the concourse outside of OG Departmental Store in Bugis

I had to collect some keys from my client at her office in Tampinese, and my manager, Aveline Tan, was supposed to pick the keys from me later on in the day so that she could show her clients the property for rental.

I phoned Aveline to check with her as to where she would like to meet up with me. She said we would play by ear. I decided to alight at Bugis MRT station so that I could buy some fruits and then walk back. I saw a band of musicians busking and was attracted by the lovely singing. An amiable lady was singing and playing the melodian simultaneously while one gentleman was playing what looked like a small drum or bongo and the other gentleman was playing some percussion.

The crowd of spectators were quite mesmerised and were quite generous in their donation. The group which called themselves the Bonari Band hailed from Japan. They aslo had their own cds for sale at $10 each. I was pleased to see many people buying the cds from them.

Just then I received a call from Aveline asking me where I was. "At Rochor", I said.

"I am also at Rochor", Aveline replied.

"I'm near OG watching a band."

"I'm also at OG, also watching a band....but where are you? Oh! I'm just behind you!"

Aveline and I laughed. What synergy and sheer coincidence! Aveline told me she had come to Rochor to do her hair. Later, she gave me a ride back on her way to Balestier. I was pleasantly surprised by Aveline's new car which had the stylish colour of a yellow banana! I mumbled a prayer of thanks to God for the ride because I was really exhausted for I was still fighting my flu.

For me, little incidents like the above would fill me with great joy! Little incidents like these reveal God's love and care for even very small matters.

Gan Chau

No comments: