Sunday, January 04, 2009

It's Nice to Look Younger, But.....

I remember when I was studying in Canada, and my classmates invited me to a PUB. It was my first experience to a place that offers drinks and music. Just as we were about to enter, the gentleman at the door said to me, "Sure you're over 18?"

"Bien sur! Of course!" I declared.

"Don't believe, please show proof!" he continued to exert his authority.

Luckily I had my university identity card, and was allowed in.

"Sir, I believe I'm the oldest amongst my friends here!", I said, much to the amusement of my classmates.

Now two decades later, just as I was about to enter Jade One Cinema, the lady at the entrance said, "$4/- ticket? Sure you're over 55.? Show me your identity card."
I brought it out of my pocket and said, "The ticket counter lady already checked my identity card mah. Even if you don't trust me, you can't trust your colleague meh?" I enjoy speaking Singlish now and then.

I guess it's nice to look younger than my age, but it is surely very troublesome to have to carry my identity card with me everywhere. I dislike carrying my identity card as I am prone to losing things, but now I have to make sure I do not leave home without it.! I am one of those who may decide to pop into a cinema if time is on my side and it is a movie worth watching.!

Gan Chau

No comments: