Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reunion in Penang

 

The lovely night scene taken from the balcony of brother's apartment
 

Jasmin, at the playground of Wista Ria Condominium
 

Sister-in-law's green fingers
 

Reunion dinner in Penang
Posted by Picasa


I am glad that I had already done so much travelling in the past. I have to admit that now, with my constant imbalance and dizziness caused by my chronic ear problems, I am less inclined to travel. However, I try to make it a point to visit my hometown once a year. This time I brought along my tenant, Jasmin, who is from India and and has never visited Malaysia before.

I have many relatives in different parts of Malaysia too. I like to visit during Chinese New Year because it is this annual event that brings family members together.
In Penang, most of the local ladies are excellent cooks; hence Penangnites often celebrate the Reunion Dinner in the comfort of their homes. My sister-in-law, Saw Kim is an excellent cook and there is the usual sumptuous Nonya cuisine spread on the table.

I enjoyed going back to visit my beloved relatives, especially my brother and family and another relative, Aunty Giam. She is now in her mid eighties, and because of her stroke, this sprightly lady can now walk short distances, though she used to run around during her healthier days.

There is also my beloved cousin Nancy whom I love. She is a natural story teller and often holds her audience spellbound with her narration. There is always laughter when Nancy is around for she makes everyone laugh.

Although I was back for only five days, the time was very well spent. In my next article, I will share with readers on some of the great places we had visited.

I realise that taking a short break at least once a year is vital for us to revitalise and refresh ourselves.

No comments: