Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Courting Danger!

 

 


We had just finished our early dinner of Hakka Yong Tou Fu at Sembawang area and Aveline kindly took Vincent and me to the Raffles Town Club for our gym exercise. Along the way, I spotted a man sleeping soundly in a truck. Gosh, why would anyone court danger in such a careless manner.? The truck only had to brake hard, or if there were an accident, the man would be thrown off from his slumber, and might be run over by an oncoming vehicle.

I decided to take some shots of the moving truck in front of us. I am not sure whether the driver knew I was snapping photos, for he was driving faster than the normal speed.

I had often seen foreign workers packed in open air pick-up trucks. Again they are courting danger, for should there be an accident, these poor workers could endanger themsleves. I really hope the Ministry of Transport would do something to forbid people from travelling in such a precarious manner. It is ironical that while the authorities are so strict about belting up for drivers and passengers in a car, why are they so lax on passengers travelling in trucks.?

Everyone in this little nation is precious, whether he is a citizen, permanent resident or foreign worker. Life is precious, and we must not expose ourselves to unnecessary danger. I guess it is quite alright at the end of the day to leave this world; but it is excruciatingly difficult to survive as a vegetable, or live in this world minus one leg or any of our vital organs.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: