Monday, May 28, 2007

Man's Best Friends

 

 

 

 


After an open house at my client's semi-detached house at Springleaf Grove, I decided to go with my colleague, Aveline, to her home. I wanted very much to see her neighbour's dog, Spike, a white Chow Chow. I also heard from Aveline that Xioa Ku, Spike's owner, has also recently bought another puppy, a Shi Tzu.

What a beauty the Shi Tzu is. I asked the maid for the dog's name and she said something that sounded like "Mati". I knew the name was not quite correct because "mati" is the Malay word for die. A little later, Xiao Ku, came back and I learnt the name of the new four legged addition is "Machi".

Machi is such a lively bundle of fur. I laughed when I saw him scurrying around on his short little legs, with his bountiful fur touching the ground. He obviously hero-worshipped the Chow Chow. Machi followed Spike everywhere around the house. It is amazing how Spike welcomed Machi and was not jealous of the new addition at all. Chows Chows are wonderfully friendly and quiet dogs.

God is such a wonderful creator! Probably, He knows that a man will always need a best friend who is absolutely faithful and loyal. He has created dogs for us to enjoy. I am not a theologian, but I would like to think that God must love dogs very much because a d-o-g is G-O-D spelt backwards. Interestingly a dog has most of these beautiful traits -
absolute faithfulness, forgiving nature, and unconditional love. A dog loves his master no matter how rich or poor he is; how handsome or less good looking, etc. In one of the SPCA posters, there is one with the wordings, "To you, he is a dog; to him you are everything!"

There are many things we can learn from dogs, don't you agree? If dogs are faithful, I want to be faithful to my Creator and to my commitments. If dogs are forgiving, I want to be always forgiving towards those who need my forgiveness, just as I hope others will forgive me. If dogs love unconditionally, I too want to love without condition.

Indeed, dogs make my world go round!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dogs mimick human behavior too. Like how my chihuahuas mimick my family's behavior.