Monday, May 14, 2007

A Lady of Grit and Grace

 

Jerlyn at work

Sometime in December, I wanted to help Jerlyn achieve her target quota. Since there was some cash in my ordinary account, I decided to ask her to buy some investment units with the $6,000/-.

I had just purchased a small HDB flat and hence would like to maximise my CPF. When I informed my AXA Life agent, he took a while to sell off my unit trusts, and hence there was a delay in the funds going back to my CPF. I had to ask the HDB officer for a postponement of the first appointment, which luckily was agreed by the vendor. When I told Jerlyn that I would like to sell off the unit trusts she had bought for me, she immediately sprang into action. Since I was going to the Central Business District, I told her I would meet her at Citibank where she is doing her project. I was pleased that my investment had earned some profits although it had only been about 5 months.

I was impressed with Jerlyn's speed at acceding to my request and understanding my need to maximise the full sum for the flat. I told Jerlyn that some CPF would be going into my account again, and I would pick up some investment with her at the later part of this year.

Definitely, I would recommend clients to Jerlyn. She is not pushy as an agent, but would go to great lengths to explain to clients. Jerlyn believes that knowledge brings understanding; understanding creats confidence and confidence will give security to a client.

I am glad that though Jerlyn struggled with her quota last year, she is shining again in her sales. She shared with me that by now, she has already achieved more than this year's quota. I like her tenacity to persevere and improve herself all the time. Even as a toastmaster, she contributes a lot of her time and energy to help other toastmasters by being a mentor and an evaluator for speech projects. Jerlyn also has her own blog - http://idyllism.blogspot.com

As you can see from her photo, Jerlyn is immaculately groomed. As she has an interest in make up, she does part time bridal and stage make up. It is amazing how she organises her time. I always feel happy when I see young people, making full use of their precious youth to develop and improve themselves.

I wish Jerlyn all the best in everything she undertakes. She is a classic example of someone who believes that if anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well. Cheers to more blogging, Jerlyn!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JerL said...

Hi Ms Kam,

Thanks for such a sweet post on me and for your compliments! I have learnt a lot of life lessons from you too! Your personal testimony really touched my heart and I know that God put you in my life for a purpose - to encourage me and remind me of God's almighty love. It is through seeing how you perserve with the hardships in life that made me work doubly hard this year and I'm glad I made it possible. Thanks to you my dear friend, teacher and mentor.

Cheers, Jerlynn :)