Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yours Truly, Uniquely Singapore (4)

"Hello! Can I speak to Mr. Kam Choo Choo?"

"Speaking!" I answered somewhat amused.

"Why is your voice so sweet?"

"Of course.... you don't expect me to speak like a man!"

"Oh! Oh! You are Madam Kam...sorry, but really your photo looks like a man".

I burst out laughing, and later when I narrated this incident to my Senior Group Director, Aveline Tan, I laughed even harder, so much so that I did not have to take my dinner. My tummy was full of air!

I had advertised for new agents in the business opportunities page of the Straits Times.
It was quite an eye-catching advertisement. The wordings ran like this:-

If this ex-teacher and senior citizen can sell,
so can you!
DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL!
Come and join us at Dennis Wee,
Let them say,Wow! So senior and still No. 1,
Selling is no longer work when it's fun,
It's like basking in the sun!

One of my colleagues, Sally, was quite indignant. No lah! You look every inch a lady to me. Blind fellow! Even if he can't see properly, he should at least know that Choo is a lady's name.

I went home and took a good look at my reflection in the mirror. Mm... definitely I don't look very feminine, but certainly I don't look like a Mr. Kam Choo Choo!

No comments: