Sunday, May 06, 2007

Living Near My Office

I read "Working from Home" by Tan Kim Lian in Harro. I used to work from home. The motivating reasons for me were my 3 pet dogs! I disliked being away the whole day and being at home meant that I could keep an eye on them. Now my 3 dogs had passed away.

Since I decided that I would work for quite some time as a property agent with Dennis Wee Group, I booked a table space in the company. I also decided that I would move to Chander Road, which is just 40 seconds walk to Little India MRT and a stop away from Dhoby Ghaut station. In the evenings, when the weather is not too warm, I can walk home from my office.

Working at home has all the advantages that Mr. Tan Kim Lian had written in his article. However, it would only be applicable for people who are very disciplined.
Once I move to Chander Road, I would not bother to have an intertnet as I could do all my computer work in the office. It is also nice to work in the comfort of an airconditioned office. Morever, seeing all my colleagues working hard will also spur me on to work diligently. The atmosphere is definitely different. As we are self employed, time is our own. At times, I can chose to write my blog or read some magazines in between work. Or I can meet clients at my office or take them for a meal in the restaurants at Park Mall. I can just hop into the MRT for viewings. Living right in the heart of the city means I do not have to own a car and add to the congestion of traffic.

With the time saved on travelling, I can do some voluntary work.

No comments: