Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Great May Day!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


I had expected to spend a nice, quiet day at home on May Day. Had been too busy of late especially with work, and do not wish to end up exhausted and in a near collapsed state. This is the part I love most about my job as a real estate agent.
I can chose to take off any time I wish. To me, it is the question of balance. When I came in the top ten producers for a few times in a row, I would just take a break from work, and spend more time writing, reading, travelling, cooking, playing the piano and violin, chilling out with friends, etc.

I was surprised when my niece from Kuala Lumpur phoned me that they were in Singapore...she was with her father and three brothers. Henry had come to Singapore on a business trip on behalf of his company in New York, UBS. The rest of the siblings from Malaysia decided to meet him here. Hence I decided to spend the whole day, taking them out for shopping, lunch and dinner.

We went to Cafe Cartel as it is nearby the Ritz Carlton Hotel. I had often passed by Cafe Cartel but had never tried the food as I find their servings too huge for me.
Hence with a group of ten of us, it was easier to order food to share.

For dinner, I took them to try the lovely Indian vegetarian food at Annalaskhmi.
After that we drove to the East Coast to feast on the 8 durians that my eldest nephew brought out from Johore! In case my foreign readers to not know what durians are .... they are thorny fruits that smell like hell but taste like heaven. The pungent smell is the reason why hotels bar their entry! Hence, the poor fruits had to be in the car the whole day. We enjoyed the warm durians by the beach!

Thank God for a lovely weather throughout the day. It was threatening to rain around midnight but luckily the drops of shower were kept at bay. It rained heavily when everyone was sound asleep!

As I am the only one in the family living in Singapore, such gatherings with my relatives are very precious to me. When my relatives visit me from all over the world, I love to spoil them and play the charming hostess.

1 comment:

cooknengr said...

Aunty Chu Chu, great Family pictures. I know Paster Wong since I was 4-5. Back then, some slow Sunday, the church service may be just the preacher's family and ours. Still remember Sam's hyperactive childhood, Dan's little accident, Henry's big ears and Ester acted like a little brat, the first word she mastered was "我要!,我要!". Al thought with a little gray and extra body fat :), it's nice to see my childhood friends healthy and blessed.