Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Work, Live and Play in the City!

I had a pleasant surprise when I found our President, Mr. Chris Koh, doing the presentation instead of Mr. Ben Low at our office. I had turned up for the seminar as I was accompanying my new recruit, Lilian. Chris is an excellent speaker, a knowledgeable and capable right hand man of our CEO, Dr. Dennis Wee.

The audience was enthralled and affected by Chris' enthusiasm and passion. Chris explained how our government had planned a new and exciting phase.. "Work, Live and Play in the City". This is why buildings such as Shenton One, Marina Bay Residences, The Sail, Icon and Orchard Turn have come up. In the past the Central Business District and Orchard Road were mainly set aside for retail and offices. Now apartments are being built so that people can just live near their work place and have recreation ... all within the city areas!

I smiled with contentment as I heard Chris. Mm... I can't afford those multi million dollar apartments. I could only afford a small 3 room HDB apartment in Little India. When I bought the flat, I was only thinking of the convenience of walking to my office. Play? I am sure I would enjoy walking back and seeing the crowd of students around the SMU areas; watching free band performances outside restaurants at Paradiz Centre and if I am too lazy or tired to cook, I can have my meals at the various food centres and restaurants teeming around Little India. Hopefully, I can pick up more Tamil and Hindhi as I interact with the Indians I meet.
Since the Tekka Market and Mall is just a stone's throw from my apartment, I will most likely cook more to entertain my friends, clients and colleagues with healthy, delicious home-cooked meals. Mmm.... maybe I should call my little "restaurant of love" ......Kamalachoosamy Restaurant! My idea of relaxation and therapy? Cooking and singing at the same time!

We have Orchard Turn. Now, how about Little India Turn?

No comments: