Sunday, May 06, 2007

Daniel - a Living Miracle

 


When I attended my nephew, Daniel Wong's convocation at Bible School in Kuala Lumpur, and saw him receiving his Bachelor of Divinity from the Chancellor, my heart was filled with pride and gratitude. Gratitude to God for delivering him from the brink of death when he was ten years old.

Daniel was playing with his neighbour's daughter. The little girl jumped from the bed and hit Daniel. Daniel was unfortunate to fall and his head hit the wooden support of the bed. There was no external bleeding, but he vomitted and told his mother he was very sleepy. Soon Daniel fell into a coma. The whole church prayed for him. My brother-in-law was then pastoring a church in Sarawak. God heard the prayers and cries of His people. Daniel miraculously woke up one day after 8 months of comatose. However, he talked like a 3 year old child. He gradually improved and tried to catch up with his school. He had missed one year of school and had to start Primary Four all over again.

Daniel had always loved to cook. Hence he decided to take up culinary lessons and was soon working in a few hotels as a cook. He also came to Singapore to work for a while. One day, he told me that he would like to learn how to play the Saxophone. Hence I bought a saxophone from Pastor Chia. At first, I found Daniel's playing jarring to my ears. He was not able to control the instrument yet.

Daniel felt a calling to be a pastor, just like his father. Hence he went to Kuala Lumpur to enrol for a Bachelor of Divinity course. He is now pastoring a church and I am delighted with his natural gift of preaching. Like his mother, he has a delightful sense of humour, and he preaches with wit and humour.

During his visit to Singapore to meet his siblings, he proudly told me that now he can play the saxophone quite well. He often played as a soloist during funerals and people often wept when he played, "There's a land that is fairer than day".

I told Daniel that his grandpa was excellent with wind instruments... his speciality being the saxophone. Papa could play more than 20 musical instruments, all completely self taught. Now you can understand why music runs in our family.

The line between life and death is so thin. I wish Daniel great success and happiness. As a living miracle, God certainly has great plans for him; plans of prosperity and not of diasaster and plans to bring about the future He hopes for.

God has great plans for you and me too.

Gan Chau
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

afrobev said...

Thanks for that message of hope Choo. You are always such an inspiration and I hope that you are right in what you say x