Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Talents and Colours

The Angklung Ensemble of National Junior College
The Handbells Ensemble of Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
Mr. Ezzy Wang with his inspiring speech
Farewell buffet lunch at The Legends, Fort Canning Park

The second day of the convention was action packed from early morning till almost midnight. I rushed down to the YWCA to play the piano to welcome our guests from Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau.

It was sheer delight listening to the sound of music produced by the students from National Junior College and Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School. The Minister of Education, Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam was our guest-of-honour.

It was also a special day of learning with great speakers invited for various workshops. It was my first time listening to Mr. Michael Podolinsky and Mr. Ezzy Wang. I was really inspired.!

I skipped the last workshop as I had to rush back home to check on Chelsea, my client's dog, before I left the home again for our Gala Dinner. Wow! Our toastmasters have proven that they are not only good in public speaking, but also good in doing the cat walk!!! Our members from Thailand performed a dance and song item and we all followed their steps. Soon the stage was filled with members who love to shake and boogie! As usual, Vanessa and I danced till the closing time.

Without a shadow of doubt, I am looking foward to the next convention to be held at Suntec City in May 2008.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: