Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pappilon





My ex-English lecturer from the Institute of Education, Dr. Clive S. is a dog lover. After his pet dog, Fifi, passed away, he decided to have another pet after he has settled down in his new flat at Pasir Ris.
With so many parks and greenery around the vicinity, he missed walking his pet dog. Also, Dr. Clive has retired from lecturing, and hence has more time at his disposal.

When I heard that he was looking for a dog, I decided to ask around my friends. Hence, when my neighbour, Irin, informed me that her colleague wanted to give away her pet Pappilion, I informed Dr. Clive. He was overjoyed, because he had tried unsuccessfully to adopt a small dog from the SPCA. After the 9th attempt, he became somewhat despondent. Yet, I often have the impession that there are many dogs at the SPCA awaiting adoption!

Poor dog. The owner gave him the name of "Shadow". Probably the little dog did not even like his name because when Dr. Clive called him "Shadow" he hardly responded. What a name to give to a dog. The name somehow made me think of the musical, "Phantom of the Opera". Dr. Clive decided to call him Pappilon or Pappi for short and the dog responded. Who says dogs don't have an ear for language or music! :-)

Pappi is such a lively little dog. He can jump to almost the height of my shoulder! He is filled with such boundless energy. When I see how Dr. Clive and his flatmate, Patrick, dote on the dog, I am very happy. Pappi is such a little bundle of joy! His eyes are so expressive and his fur smooth and shiny.

People say that dogs give great therapy and those with pets at home tend to have a longer life span!
I wish Dr. Clive and Pappi many happy years together.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GenevieveWijaya said...

Pappi's such a CUTE fella!